First Time Buyers
Buying your first home can be a daunting prospect. Our mortgage team understands that you need to be hand-held through the process. We strongly advise that you talk to a mortgage adviser before you start your property search to work out what you can afford.
The mortgage process typically consists of 8 stages:
- Working out what you can afford: analysing your income and expenditure, looking at your needs and preferences, establishing what deposit you can pay.
- Agreement in Principle: if suitable, this will speed up the process of getting your mortgage once you’ve found the property you want.
- Finding and choosing your new home: making an offer and agreeing a price
- Formal application for your mortgage: your adviser will help you complete the necessary application forms.
- Valuation and Survey: normally required for any mortgage offer
- Solicitor searches and checks: essential for your mortgage – and your peace of mind
- Contracts drawn up and exchanged: time to pay a deposit to the seller
- Completion: payment by the mortgage company to the seller.
Contact us to arrange a free initial mortgage consultation.