Managing the Future of the Business
Having a succession and exit plan in place for your business owners, directors or shareholders is an important part of your business planning, if your business is to continue when someone leaves. We will help you balance the needs of the business owners in retirement and the continued stability of the business itself.
Your succession and exit strategy may incorporate a number of elements:
- Shareholder or partnership agreements to control who can take over ownership in the future
- Plans for business owners’ or shareholders’ recompense for their holdings
- Retirement income if directors remain shareholders during their lifetime
- Tax implications of any sale or transfer of ownership
- Training and development of potential successors for key roles in the business
- Transition management to ensure a seamless transfer of responsibility
Your S&P business adviser will help you plan your cashflow and resources to fund the necessary elements of your succession plan.