The Advice Process
When you come to us for advice, we will follow a strictly regulated process that ensures you are treated fairly and that you are made aware of both the benefits and risks of any solution discussed.
That process will normally encompass the following steps:
- Free initial discussion: a brief exploration of your circumstances and an explanation of the advice process and any fees involved.
- Detailed Factfinding: getting the full picture about your finances, identifying your goals and understanding your preferences. This will also involve getting details of any existing investments, with your authority.
- Assessment of your Risk Profile: understanding your attitude to risk, your financial experience and your capacity for loss. This is a key element in your financial plan as any recommendation will be aligned to your risk profile.
- Initial recommendations: delivering your financial plan and recommending suitable investments, pensions and protection.
- Implementation: getting the solution in place. Once we have agreed your financial plan, we will liaise with any providers and get the work done.
- Review and adjust: we will agree a service level with you to deliver the right programme of review and management. This is tailored to fit you and your portfolio of financial assets. At each review, your financial plan will be tested against any changes in your circumstances or in the wider finance sector and an updated plan agreed.
The value of your investment can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you have invested.